Employer: Guide Dogs
Job Title: Habilitation Specialist
Job Location: East Midlands – Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire
Salary: £33,129 – £37,269 gross per annum
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
The Habilitation Specialist helps people with sight loss to live the life they choose by delivering specialist services that enable blind and partially sighted children and young people to become more mobile and independent.
This role requires candidate flexibility to travel across the Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, and Nottingham regions.
Applications will be considered from candidates who have recently qualified or are part way through their course.
This role is 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, with 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) a year.
We offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
To be able to fulfil this role, the skills and experience we are looking for in a potential candidate include;
· Registration with appropriate professional body (essential upon appointment and fees are funded by Guide Dogs).
· Able to demonstrate ability to meet the physical demands of the role. In the absence of a valid UK Driving License, you will be expected to demonstrate how you will fulfil this aspect of the role via alternative means.
· Both Mobility Officer and Technical Officer Certificates with relevant Children & Young People experience.
· Demonstrable experience of teaching mobility and independence skills to children and young people with a visual impairment in home, school and community settings.
· Can manage their own workload and able to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
· Advanced Certificate in Education – Working with Children with Visual Impairment.
· Demonstrable experience of training or making presentations to groups.
· Experience of working with children with complex needs.
· Knowledge of relevant legislation in relation to Children and Young People.
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role & the recruitment process at Guide Dogs.
If you are successful you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
Application Deadline: 14th August 2022
Application Details: If you have any accessibility issues, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01189838837 or email@example.com.
Applications need to be made using the online application form in the website link below, accessed using the ‘apply’ button above.